International students MUST be sponsored by an Agency (the Agency must have all Diocesan required documents on file at Notre Dame) in order to apply for admission, and to attend Notre Dame High School. Please see our website for a list of Agencies who partner with Notre Dame.
The applicant must submit the Notre Dame Application/Registration Packet (Click on “Admissions” on the ND webpage) to his/her sponsoring agency, along with:
- $300 non-refundable Application fee (Agency forwards agency check to Notre Dame)
- Transcripts (final transcript should be submitted by student at Orientation)
- Copy of Passport
- Immunization record, including updated immunizations complying with Pennsylvania State Guidelines. Pennsylvania immunization requirements are posted on the ND website, and is sent along with the acceptance letter. Pennsylvania State Regulations prohibit students from attending school who are not fully immunized.
- Toefl/Eltis scores (Students MUST be English proficient, as will be indicated on the I-20)
- Letters of Recommendation from an English teacher and other Academic Teacher
- Medical insurance card (Students are required to have medical insurance – a copy of the Insurance card is not required with the application, but must be presented at Orientation.)
**International Transfer Students: International students transferring from another American school for the Spring or Fall Semesters, should submit the same documents/application fee as listed above.
The sponsoring agency should forward all required documents listed above to Mrs. Kelly Weber, International Student Program Coordinator, at email@example.com. (Please use the checklist above to ensure that all forms have been submitted).
- The $300 non-refundable application fee (agency check made payable to Notre Dame High School, Inc.) should also be forwarded with the application, etc. A skype interview will be scheduled (through the sponsoring agency) to make the final determination regarding acceptance.
- A letter of acceptance or deferral will be forwarded to the Agency. The Agency will forward the acceptance (which includes the Summer Online Transition Course information) or deferral letter to the student.
Upon receipt of an Acceptance letter:
- The sponsoring agency should submit the $800 Summer Online Transition Course fee to Mrs. Lisa Beltz, Finance Director, made payable to Notre Dame High School, Inc. This fee is not refundable after the course has begun. (The $800 Summer Online Transition Course fee should be submitted as soon as possible after receipt of the Acceptance letter to ensure placement.)
- A Transfer student from another American school is not required to take the Summer Online Transition Course – this $800 fee is not required for transfers. The sponsoring agency for a transfer student should notify Mrs. Kelly Weber that the student wishes to enroll, and request an invoice for tuition payment.
Upon receipt of the $800 Summer Online Transition Course Fee (officially enrolling the student) the following will transpire:
- Students and agencies will be contacted by a Notre Dame Instructor (Summer Online Transition Course instructor) after May 1 to give login information for the required summer course. (Please refer to Acceptance letter for information). Please note: ENROLLMENT AND ACTIVE PARTICIPATION IN THIS COURSE IS MANDATORY FOR ALL NEW INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS (excluding new Transfer students).
- An I-20 will be created and submitted to the student through the sponsoring Agency.
- An invoice will be forwarded to the sponsoring agency for the balance of the tuition. The tuition is due by July 1, 2018.