The School Counseling Office is operating on a limited schedule for the summer months. You may view your counselor’s summer availability in their online meeting calendars:
To schedule an online meeting with Mr. Allen, click here.
To schedule an online meeting with Mrs. U, click here.
Mrs. Vail keeps an updated list of scholarships for seniors and underclassmen in Naviance. Click on the “Colleges” tab; select “Scholarships & Money,” then click on “Scholarship List.” Filtering by Diocesan/NDGP or Local will show you scholarships that are only available to Notre Dame students and/or the surrounding school districts.
All final transcript requests have been fulfilled as of July 7th. Please note that it can take colleges several weeks to update their database/student portal to reflect that they have received your transcript. You can double-check which college your final transcript was sent to in your “Colleges I’m Applying to” list in Naviance.
If you have not yet requested your final transcript, please follow these steps in Naviance:
- Click on the “Colleges” tab and select “Colleges I’m Applying to;”
- At the top of your list, click the “Manage Transcripts” link;
- Click the “Request Final Transcript” button ONLY for the college you plan to attend. Remember that your final transcript can only be sent to ONE college.
Naviance has upgraded their college planning resources with the following tools for you:
- > Locate virtual events and access direct links to virtual tours
- > Register for virtual events from Naviance instead of searching each college website
- > See events from multiple colleges in one place to plan more efficiently
- > Search for events by type and within a date range
- > Access more comprehensive information on college profile pages, including links to virtual tours and test-optional policies
- Naviance: Click Colleges > Scholarships and Money – Here you will find a National Scholarship Search as well as the Scholarship List, which can connect you with local scholarships.
You will be able to start requesting transcripts for college applications in August. All transcript requests must be submitted through Naviance. Keep an eye on your email for step-by-step instructions later this summer.
Sophomore year is the perfect time to explore what careers you may be interested in after high school.
Naviance is an excellent resource for finding information about colleges and careers. You can find a list of summer programs held on college campuses in your Naviance Student account under Colleges > Research Colleges > Enrichment Programs. These programs are great opportunities to experience a week in a college dorm, explore your career interests, and enhance your resume. For Summer 2020, many programs have moved to an online format.
Some popular enrichment programs include:
Congratulations on making it through your first year of high school! While we know this year probably wasn’t exactly what you were expecting, we hope you had a great experience.!
The grades you earn this year can set the tone for the rest of your high school experience. When you apply to colleges as a senior, they will see the courses you took and the grades you earned as a freshman. Do your best, and don’t be afraid to ask for help!
It’s never too early to begin thinking about your college or career journey. You can start earning scholarships for college now by creating a Raise.Me profile! To date, our students have earned a total of $440,000 in scholarships through Raise.Me! Learn how Raise.Me works.
Seniors are responsible for their college applications; please do not create any accounts for your child (e.g., Common App, College Board, or ACT accounts) or complete any parts of their college applications. Doing so can impede the process of submitting transcripts and recommendation letters to colleges through Naviance and may delay your child’s college applications.