Girls’ Soccer Mission Statement
Soccer is a vehicle through which we are able to discover that we are better, than our best. Our goal is to win, but the expectation is that we will do our best. Every member of our team will leave this program better than the year before and better prepared for the next stage of their life.
About the Coach
Martin Brett joined Notre Dame Green Pond in 2019 after serving as an assistant coach with the DeSales University Women’s Soccer program for 11 years. During that time, Brett was involved with all aspects of building and maintaining a competitive Division III soccer program. Since 2014, the team qualified for MAC Freedom Conference playoffs each year, winning the championship in 2015 and earning an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament.
Brett, a 1998 graduate of DeSales University with a B.A. in Politics, played for the men’s team for three seasons after transferring from the University of Delaware. As a senior, he was named Lehigh Valley Scholar Athlete for men’s soccer while also earning team MVP honors.
A native of Newark, DE, Brett currently resides in Palmer Township with his wife and son.
Serving as the head coach of the Notre Dame Girls’ Soccer program is a great privilege and responsibility. Therefore, I strive to positively influence each person with whom I interact by building meaningful relationships through honest communication and respectful interactions. The development of the person is my most important job and I will work diligently to help each member of this program develop physically, mentally, and socially. It is important to me that we are great people and great soccer players. These are not mutually exclusive goals and will be pursued faithfully.
- We demonstrate respect for all people (teammates, classmates, coaches, athletic staff, officials, opponents, parents, teachers, etc.) through our actions and words. We speak up when others do not.
- We seek excellence in all areas, not just soccer.
- We put the team first and believe that there is no place for selfishness, arrogance, or envy.
- We choose to be positive.
- We do the right thing, for the right reason, all the time.
- We have complete control over our physical preparation and take responsibility for it.
For more information about NDGP Girls’ Soccer
Contact Coach Brett at email@example.com