Final Exam Study Guide
11th Grade Theology
The following terms and concepts will be tested:
Act of Contrition
Examination of Conscience
Communion of Saints
Christ’s presence is clearly seen in the liturgy
The words “Be sealed with the Holy Spirit” are the form
Liturgy of the Word
The “matter” of the Sacrament of Matrimony
the nine fruits of the Holy Spirit
The following questions will be asked. You will be expected to answer in complete sentences.
- What is a mortal sin? What three conditions must exist to make an act mortally sinful?
- Explain how the Parable of the Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11-32) describes the reconciliation that God offers us as sinners.
- What does the Church mean by the “Real Presence?” Explain and describe practices that honor this belief
- What is the form and matter of the sacrament of Baptism?
- What is the form and matter of the sacrament of Holy Communion?
- What is the form and matter of the sacrament of reconciliation?
- What is baptism by blood?
- What is baptism by desire?
- What does the term transubstantiation refer to?
- 1 What is the Paschal Mystery?
- 1 List the theological virtues
- List the cardinal virtues
Essay. Choose one of the following and write an essay. It should be at least 3 paragraphs.
- Summarize and explain the parable of the good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37). Be sure to explain the symbols of the story: the man who has been mugged, the Samaritan, and the inn.
- Summarize and explain the story of Jesus and the woman at the well (John 4:4-42). How does the story relate to the sacrament of baptism.